St. John’s Free Lutheran Church - Finlayson, Minnesota
Pastor: Gary Zikan
AFLC District: LK-Superior
PO Box 175
6461 Finlayson Rd
Finlayson, MN 55735
During the pastor’s sermon, we offer a children’s Sunday School program (10:20 a.m.) with age-appropriate Bible Lessons and crafts.
- Open Communion first Sunday of every month.
- Coffee Fellowship last Sunday of every month.
- St. John's Free Lutheran Church in Finlayson is handicap accessible with a wheelchair ramp and elevator
We are members of the Association of Free Lutheran Congregations: The Association of Free Lutheran Congregations (AFLC) is different from many Lutheran organizations as it is not an incorporated synod. Rather, the AFLC is a fellowship of independent Lutheran congregations bound together by the bonds of loyalty to a common cause and common tasks. The association was created in specific rejection of the superior authority of any ecclesiastical organization above the congregation.
Learn More about the AFLC
Because the AFLC seeks to be, above all, a spiritual movement, we were formed because of five principles:
- Recognition that the Bible is inerrant and the authority in all areas of life.
- Recognition that the teaching and preaching of God’s Word is the main task of the Church, to be conducted in such a way that the saints are built up in the faith and that unbelievers see their need for salvation.
- Belief that the congregation is the right form of the Kingdom of God on earth, with no authority above it but the Word and Spirit of God.
- Belief that Christian unity is a spiritual concept, not a man-made organization or body such as the World Council of Churches or the National Council of Churches.
- Belief that Christians are called to be salt and light in the world, separated from the ways of the world and that this difference is to be reflected in the life of the congregation as well as in the institutions of the church body.